First Touch Games are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join the team in Oxford, helping to enhance a portfolio of football games that is amongst the most successful and respected on mobile.
You are excited working in an industry where your skills as a UI/UX designer have real impact. You enjoy delivering elegant solutions to various usability challenges that showcase game functionality and features. You are committed to enhancing the player experience with an excellent understanding of how players can best interact with our games. Designing, concepting, and articulating user flows and journeys are your core skills and an area that you want to further experience, develop and grow.
This is a new role offered as part of a small thriving creative studio. It is a role with high visibility and influence in the design outcomes of our games.
The role is offered full-time and in-house.
- Have a deep interest and experience in mobile products, particularly mobile games.
- Have an excellent understanding of player interactions within a gameplay context.
- Well versed on excellent UI/UX principles, based on deep knowledge of competitor games or relevant adjacent products.
- Help develop the UX for our games, including concept development, wireframing, design specifications and prototype analysis.
- Create and deliver elegant ergonomic interfaces and icons.
- Identify and resolve usability issues and deliver meaningful improvements.
- Work closely with the product and development teams to ensure new features are surfaced with polish and maintain UI/UX design best practice.
Required skills & experience:
- Excellent ability and knowledge in UX design showcased through publicly available and relevant existing product.
- Proficient in various visual design and wireframing tools.
- Good knowledge of graphical principles, colour theory and art.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational skills.
- Educated in a relevant field, with excellent A-levels or equivalent achieved.
- A passion for gaming and digital trends, particularly mobile.
- Genuinely engaged in football as an interest.
Why Join Us:
We’re a small and highly supportive team who love football, sport and games. We’re good at what we do and we’re well-known for it. This is a rare opportunity to be an important part of our continued success. Individuals who place the success of the team first, but who can demonstrate talent and passion, thrive with us.
Benefits: Zero Overtime, Relocation, Excellent Bonuses, Healthcare, Free Gym, Pension, Flexible Core Hours, Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave, Free Drinks & Snacks, Club-Wembley Football Tickets.
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you are qualified for this role and are attracted to our benefits and values then we welcome all candidates irrespective of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You must have the present ability to work and live permanently in the UK.
Applications from agencies will not be considered under any circumstances.