Football Research Associate
First Touch Games are looking for a Football Research Associate to join the team in Oxford, delivering high quality & accurate content for the best football games on mobile.
This role would suit a person who combines an extensive knowledge of football with a high attention to detail and meticulous organisational skills. You have a wide awareness of football-related facts, stats and current performance trends from professional football around the world and you are highly competent researching thoroughly, accurately and independently. In short, you ensure the accuracy of our football content across our portfolio of games. This role is offered full-time and in-house, subject to any temporary Covid-related policies that may be in force from time to time.
The successful candidate will be a key member within our Team Assets Projects production team which manages the delivery of various football related statistics and assets into our games, as part of a small thriving creative studio.
- Assist in researching and maintaining our player stats database.
- Provide the main quality control on ensuring the accuracy of 3rd party kits, logos, art head renders and other assets as offered in our games.
- Liaise and brief internal and outsourced art teams with all asset updates, corrections and amendments.
- Liaise with all 3rd party Club and League IP rights holders to ensure the delivery of accurate and complete materials and secure the sign off for all asset reproduction for game inclusion.
- Help to establish the internal process around rules, convention and criteria for the recording and management of 3rd party assets.
- Research any other football related content as may be needed from time to time.
- Assist in other game-related Quality Assurance activities that may be required from time to time
Required skills & experience:
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organised.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Patient with a relaxed manner, diligent and always respectful of deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (excel etc).
- Degree educated in a relevant field, with excellent A-levels achieved or equivalent.
- High awareness of mobile and digital products, particularly mobile gaming.
- A genuine passion for football.
Why Join Us:
We’re a small and highly supportive team who love football, sport and games. We’re good at what we do and we’re well-known for it. This is a rare opportunity to be an important part of our continued success. Individuals who place the success of the team first, but who can demonstrate talent and passion, thrive with us.
Benefits: Zero Overtime, Relocation, Excellent Bonuses, Healthcare, Free Gym, Pension, Flexible Core Hours, Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave, Free Drinks & Snacks, Club-Wembley Football Tickets.
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you are qualified for this role and are attracted to our benefits and values then we welcome all candidates irrespective of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You must have the present ability to work and live permanently in the UK.
Applications from agencies will not be considered under any circumstances.