First Touch Games are looking for a Business Analyst to join the team in Oxford, growing a portfolio of football games that is amongst the most successful and respected on mobile.
This is a new role offered as part of a small thriving creative studio of around 30 people. It is a pivotal one and a core part of our Product Management team, bridging data analysis with deep product knowledge to unlock actionable insights and improve the performance of our games.
You have a core interest in free to play mobile games with a proficiency in translating player journeys directly to game outcomes through your skilled use of data. You enjoy challenging the status quo by spotting potential opportunities that elevate our games for our players and our studio whilst collaborating positively across internal teams. You influence through insight and thoughtful communication. You are at home in the detail, rigorous and pragmatic in your assessment of what is worth resource effort and what is not.
The role is offered full-time and in-house.
- Work with our Data Science team and Product Owners to forensically review data around player journeys and game performance, turning opportunities into improvement actions.
- Acquire extensive in-game knowledge on how our games play and how our players interface.
- Input into product roadmaps and assist transforming high level blueprints into detailed implementation.
- Actively monitor & communicate progress towards agreed success criteria through various KPIs.
- Work with our development & production teams to ensure new features and updates are implemented as intended to the highest standards.
- Implement new specifications, pricing and product information for inclusion on key mobile platforms, specifically Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Actively seek new opportunities to drive game performance whilst maintaining alignment with business objectives and values.
Required skills & experience:
- Degree educated in a relevant statistical field, such as Economics, Maths or Commerce, with excellent A-levels achieved or equivalent.
- Proficiency and deep interest in free-to-play mobile gaming, including in-game economies.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including knowledge of SQL
- Ability to filter and prioritise potential enhancements according to expected impact and resource effort.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and organisational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and data manipulation tools.
- A passion for gaming and digital trends, particularly mobile gaming.
- Highly engaged in football as an interest.
Why Join Us:
We’re a small and highly supportive team who love football, sport and games. We’re good at what we do and we’re well-known for it. This is a rare opportunity to be an important part of our continued success. Individuals who place the success of the team first, but who can demonstrate talent and passion, thrive with us.
Benefits: Zero Overtime, Relocation, Excellent Bonuses, Healthcare, Free Gym, Pension, Flexible Core Hours, Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave, Free Drinks & Snacks, Club-Wembley Football Tickets.
We are an equal opportunities employer. If you are qualified for this role and are attracted to our benefits and values then we welcome all candidates irrespective of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You must have the present ability to work and live permanently in the UK.
Applications from agencies will not be considered under any circumstances.